Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

I'm having a good day so far - as well as cards and pressies I've had an e-mail saying That's Life have accepted on of my stories (which follows a success yesterday with Ireland's Own). I'll definitely be having a glass (or maybe two) of bubbly tonight to celebrate!

Louise Wise is offering a chance to win a copy of her book 'A Proper Charlie'. As luck seems to be on my side today, and the book looks like it will be fun, I've entered the draw.

I entered the Glass Woman prize competition recently - me and more than 600 other people so I'm not expecting my luck to stretch that far! The new reading period has now opened, so there's another chance to have a go at this one.

Here's a new (to me at least) market for short stories. I must have something I can send them.

19 comments:

  1. Hapy birthday!
    My mum's birthday today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Patsy!!! I wont ask. But well done, you deserve a treat! I will have a drink for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Patsy.
    An acceptance is definitely the best way to celebrate - along with cake, of course!

    I had one from TL today as well, but I've yet to score with Ireland's Own.

    (PS mind your lovely hair in all those candles! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7QxOllK0VU&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - have a lovely birthday, Patsy, and congratulations on your success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Patsy. Great way to celebrate with more successful sales- and more in the future is certain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many happy returns Patsy! I'll toast your health in the GK household tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Patsy. Another step nearer to thirty. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Patsy - and congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Patsy happy birthday to you. Congratulations on all your writing successes too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATSY!
    HAVE SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE-SY!
    WITH SOME CHEESE AND SOME WINE-SY!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATSY!

    HIP HIP HOOORAY!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday Patsy, fabulous news on the double acceptance. You deserve it. Look forward to reading it. Have they told you which issue of That's Life?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Suzy.

    Issue 28 - don't know when that's due out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, Patsy. A Happy belated birthday. Hope the ferryman got yer summit real nice. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!