Thursday, 30 August 2012

P is for promotion

And for Patsy, purple and Paint Me a Picture. It also stands for pushy, but perhaps you'll be too polite to say so.

I've been on the radio again. You can listen to me here. I start just under 10 mins in. (If you're thinking I sound a bit vague in places it's because I had to get up at 5)

Gary produced this lovely cover design for my new ebook which will be released soon. I think he's done a great job so I'm promoting him to head of graphic design at Patsy's Publications (poor chap).

I've almost finished working through the corrections list supplied by proofreader Helen Baggott, the blurb is written and I've read through the instructions for formatting and uploading so it's almost ready to go.

Once it's published, the promotion will get going. I have some ideas for that. Winning a competition would be good publicity - maybe I'll try this one or this. Or maybe I'll go in for an award.

Some people give away free ebooks to help promote their work. That's something I'm thinking of doing - more details to follow.

Talking of free books, here's a free ebook from Teresa and here's a chance to win a set of paperbacks by John Connolly.

30 comments:

  1. I love that cover! Just listened to you on the radio and you sounded great :D Interesting to hear you talking about being a tour guide too.

    Thanks for linking to me - I'm off to check out your other links now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have such an interesting day job, Teresa.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne. We went for something fairly simple in the hope it'll work on Amazon.

      Delete
  3. Love your new cover, Patsy, and look forward to hearing more about the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post more details very soon, Rosemary.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It will be available fairly soon, ExcuseMe.

      Delete
  5. Awwww P is for perfect Patsy and pretty picture!!! Yay!! Congratulations!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is really nice!
    And I don't sound coherent until about noon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the choice, Alex - if I can't talk I can't do my job.

      Delete
  7. Great cover. Now I know why you married him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the cover looks like it's painted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cover! I think you should keep Gary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Annalisa. Think they're all done now - just need to format then send back for another check.

      Delete
  11. I like the cover, Patsy. And the purple lettering-it wouldn't be you without purple somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I had to have something purple just so people know it's really me!

      Delete
  12. Good look with the ebook Patsy. Would be good to hear how easy (or not) it was to put together when ready. Great cover too :) Thanks for the top tips on competitions - I hadn't heard about the Tom-Gallon Trust Award and will definitely have a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, I'll post up a report of what's involved in publishing the book - assuming I actually manage to do it.

      Delete
  13. Do you get your covers free now you've married the photographer? What were those round forts called? Or is it just a gun emplacement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizy, he's still thinking of ways I can pay him! The main round thing id the Round Tower and I think it's Spitbank Fort behind. The forts are sometime known as Palmerstone's Follies.

      Delete
  14. The cover looks great, and the purple lettering. Good luck with e.publishing Patsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!