Friday, 14 September 2012

Getting about

Some kind and lovely people have interviewed me about Paint Me a Picture - I was asked some pretty interesting questions! Read the interviews here, here and here. There are a couple more to come.

Today I'm off to eat cake on Brownsea Island* with JJ Cocker and then Gary and I are off to the Newbury Show where my twin uncles are competing in the heaviest mangold competition. (Photo by Linden Collins)

My next blog post will be a step by step guide to publishing your ebook on Amazon.

To keep you busy until then, here's a novel writing competition with a prize package that includes £5000 ($8000) publication and cover design.

*it's a research project - honest!

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Neither of them won, Alex but they had a good go.

      Delete
  2. Heaviest mangold competition?!!?! What's that!? Hope your uncles win!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what country people do for fun, Kitty. More thrilling than the egg on a plate, but not so exciting as wellie wanging.

      Delete
  3. Go on - you stuck a carrot in a pot, and had us all looking up mangold in gardening books. Didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't Maggie, honest. It's a real thing - although not something I personally fancy growing or eating.

      Delete
  4. A step by step guide to self publishing on Amazon sounds like a great idea, Patsy. Good luck to your uncles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A variety of beet - Beta vulgaris. O.k. I'll own up - I googled it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the stuff, Keith. They don't look very tasty.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. We did, Rosemary. It's a lovely place and the company was excellent!

      Delete
  7. I didn't know anyone still grew mangolds. (Obviously the spell check didn't either as it's underlined it in red) Good luck to your uncles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail this competition is held in deepest darkest Berkshire - they have some odd hobbies there!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for all the links. Can't wait for your Amazon blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job I read the other comments before I typed this!
    I was going to ask why anyone would bother to grow a heavy marigold, and whether that photo was a large radish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The heaviest marigold competition would be even more bizarre, Lizy! I wouldn't put it past them to have a go though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can concur, the company was excellent, and as for the research... I been hard at it for months! T'was good to see you both :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for a lovely day, JJ! We were so inspired by the visit to your castle we spent the next week visiting 8 more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!