Thursday, 11 October 2012

It pays to be quiet (sometimes)

Here's my lovely husband, sitting quietly after climbing 999 steps in the sunshine earlier this year.

You don't need to keep quiet to win vouchers, gifts and membership to the London Writer's club, but you do have to write a story on the theme of Hush.

You don't need to say an awful lot to enter the Micro Award and give yourself a chance of winning the $500 prize.

If you can write something to get the little darlings off to sleep then winning this children's bedtime story could earn you £500.

Shhh, don't tell everyone but I can get you an e copy of Lovers Take Up Less Space for free. Just type this code - EL88W - in where it asks for a voucher. You might need to create an account first, but you're probably going to be needing one of those to get Not a Drop to Drink (which will also be free) so you might as well do it now.

If I can I'll be entering all those competitions. I won't be downloading the book though - I've done that already.


22 comments:

  1. Looks like climbing all those steps was worth it for the view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was - the whole place was beautiful (it's in Greece)

      Delete
  2. A well deserved sit down indeed, and with your camera skills Patsy it's a great photo. Thanks for all those links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A camera is handy on a climb, Suzy. I kept stopping to take pictures - and get my breath back!

      Delete
  3. I'd be stunned speechless if I climbed 999 steps in the heat! LOL!

    Thanks for all these yummy links, Patsy! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't particularly chatty near to the top, Kitty!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the links (I'm never going to get my novel finished with all these distractions!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to have added to the distractions, Linda.

      Delete
  5. 999 steps? Heck, I'd be flat on my back, huffing and puffing if I'd done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed on our feet, but there was a fair bit of huffing and puffing.

      Delete
  6. I couldn't manage those steps, so I'm not surprised your husband is taking a well earned rest. I'm more surprised you had the energy to take the picture...or are you super fit?

    Thank you for sharing the links...I won't get much writing done at this rate. ;-)Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not super fit! I had to stop several times on the way up, Maria.

      Delete
  7. Phew - what a lot of steps! Thanks for the links, Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great competitions as ever Patsy. I've never heard of the Micro Award and may have a go, though wonder how many entries they get if a US competition. Worth a go though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your chances will improve greatly if you do have a go!

      Delete
  9. I'd have been out of breath in that heat without trying the steps. But the view was obviously worth it.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was warm and sunny, Carol, but thankfully not too hot.

      Delete
  10. Hi Patsy .. I'm glad you told us it's in Greece - stunning place .. not sure about the 999 steps up - then it's 999 down! Good for both of you and obviously so well worth it .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know why it's referred to as a breathtaking view, Hilary!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!