Monday, 26 November 2012

Slightly Skiffy

My recent blog posts are starting to feel like a series on 'genres what I don't normally write'.  I have written Sci-fi* but I've done even less of that than I have children's stories. I might have a go at something for this competition though. There's plenty of time to work on it and the prize includes a sparkling trophy thing as well as books, paid publication and other stuff. I've never won any kind of trophy for writing (or anything else as far as I can remember and I think I would remember)

If you have something already written, or can come up with an entry by 16th December then this competition is worth a look. First prize is £300.

On a totally different note, Escape to the Country (US link here) will be free to download on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Anything you can do to help publicise this will be greatly appreciated - and please do download yourself a copy if you haven't already.

*and it's had almost no adverse effects at all.

27 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, Patsy - I'll spread the word about Escape to the Country nearer the time. Love the picture - I thought you were wearing fancy hairslides till I had a closer look ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa.

      I wonder if I could get slides like that? My real ears are teeny tiny, so it'd make a nice change.

      Delete
    2. You are lucky - I have always longed to have tiny ears :-)

      Delete
  2. I'll add it to the Ninja News on Wednesday for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links. Love those ears. You look like you're enrolling to be Santa's helper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I'm quite the right build for an elf, Suzy.

      Delete
  4. Patsy!! You make any green bloodied Vulcan smile too! Yay!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Kitty. (I used to have quite a crush on Spock)

      Delete
  5. Ears...I mean, cheers, for the links, Patsy! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. So those aren't Fantasy elf ears you have on, but Sci-Fi Vulcan ears? Cool! Best of luck on the contest! It sounds like a great opportunity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Vulcan ears - though I admit they do look quite elflike.

      Delete
  7. Love the ears! I'll try and remember to mention Escape... on the blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I first saw the picture I thought you'd stuck a couple of Quavers to your head. But that would be illogical, Captain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would indeed, Keith. I'm rarely illogical - a bit odd maybe, but usually in a logical way.

      Delete
  9. How exciting! I must link this on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slightly skiffy, huh? You're a wonderful wordsmith, Patsy, and I could hear you say that, with a ker-wiff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!