Wednesday, 12 December 2012

More Free stuff

Erewash writers have got a couple of free to enter writing competitions for 2013. This one is for flash fiction on the theme of 'start'. The second is for a short story with the theme of 'Full Stop'. There are also paid for competitions listed on the site.

You can see the results from this year's free entry competitions here. (I was shortlisted in the twins one)

Here's an ongoing contest with a $50 prize each month. The current theme is 'Artist's Choice'.

Poets might like to try here or here or even here for a chance to win £100 (actually that last one also includes a competition with a £1,000 prize)

Do you know how to do something? Can you explain it in 300 - 500 words? If so you might be able to earn yourself £100.

If you live in the US, pop along to Clarissa's blog as she's giving away real books.

I have a short piece up on Cafelit which I wrote for an exercise in my writer's group. You can read it, for free, here.

And thanks to Teresa who has awarded me a star to add to my blog of the year award. It's looking really sparkly now.

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aren't they just. I have enough to recreate Orion's belt again* now.

      *weird story.

      Delete
  2. Thanks to you, I am just starting my star collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links.

    Congrats on your star. I'll go check out your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links. That story is funny in a dark way.:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit weird, but Cafelit seem to like unusual pieces.

      Delete
  5. Loved the Cafelit shortie. I can relate to the mother, too, though I won't say why in public!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just awarded you another BOTY star, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the links and well done on being shortlisted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teapot! (Teapot isn't your real name is it? ... Are you Anne, or did I make that up? )

      Delete
  8. Thanks for all the links. I wish I had time to enter some competitions. Maybe in the new year... Congrats on getting shortlisted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get enough time to enter more than a few, Lynda - I'm going to make more effort next year.

      Delete
  9. I like your blog, very interesting, cheers Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, there's lots of stuff going on. I've entered a few of the "rafflecopter" style contests lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do loads of those types of contests, Trisha. At the moment though most of my free time is spent writing - often for competitions.

      Delete
  11. Thanks Patsy. Some really good short comps to keep me busy over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun fact: I was born and grew up in Erewash. I wonder if that will give me an advantage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be worth casually dropping that fact into your covering letter!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!