Monday, 7 January 2013

Just some stuff

Fancy a huge advance from your self published novel? Apparently such a thing is possible for winners in this competition. I haven't got to grips with createspace yet - maybe I should take another look, especially as I'll be releasing a new novel soon - I wouldn't mind $50,000 or even $15,000.

An old competition has a new name. Whatever you call it, it's still a free to enter writing competition with a $50 prize each month.

I mentioned our Christmas camping trip, didn't I? Here's where we went on Boxing Day and this was our New Year's Day destination. Maybe that'll inspire you to enter something here and try for the $100 Visa card.

All that talk of dollars making you want something a bit more British? How about this poetry competition? There's no prize other than 'bragging rights' for publication on the site, but some of us writers like to brag a little (trust me, I'll be doing it the second I have something to brag about)

In case you were wondering if the picture was relevant in some way ... no, it isn't. It isn't even recent. Actually I can't remember when I took it, or why.

29 comments:

  1. I'd like to know where you were when you took it - in a balloon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sand one, Alex? I was on a ship. Very high up on a big ship.

      Delete
  2. I shouldn't have clicked the links. Now I'm very jealous of your trip! :) I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patsy,
    Happy New Year! Thanks for the links, off to have a click.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if I should enter to win all that money. What would I do if I had mad money, likely head to where that photo was taken-very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you win more money than you need, I know this red headed, slightly quirky writer you could give it to ...

      Delete
  6. Thanks for all the lovely links, Patsy :-)

    Loved the photos. Your camping trip looks wonderful :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patsy - you sure travel from one end of the UK to the other ... loved the photos though .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We plan to travel quite a lot more this year, Hilary. I'm really looking forward to it.

      Delete
  8. Don't fancy camping now, but I'm sure you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, Rosemary (the van has a very good heater)

      Delete
  9. Free writing competition are very valuable for writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed. If you ever decide to hold any please let me know!

      Delete
  10. I keep hearing about Createspace...I really should look into it :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the pic! Congrats on the book and Happy Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a happy New Year to you too, Kracken!

      Delete
  12. Both sound intriguing to me, although I haven't wrote a good poem since December 2011. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misha, sounds like you'd better get back into writing them - though perhaps not at 1 AM! Good luck if you try the competitions.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!