Wednesday, 16 January 2013

The winner is ...

First of all, thank you so much to everyone who popped in to my launch day party. I really appreciate all the support! The party isn't over yet though, it's just moved to Barbara Hammond-Ford's bedroom! (Click here for some great publishing advice from Barbara)

I wrote out the names of everyone who commented yesterday and Gary picked two winners at random. Are you ready for me to reveal them? Really? Right, they are Rainbowmaker and Rosemary Gemmell! Congratulations, ladies. Please let me know your choice of prize - a pdf of A Year and A Day, a pdf of Paint Me a Picture, or for me to write a truly awful* limerick about you.

As a consolation to those who didn't win, pop over to Moniques's place. I've cooked up a batch of apricot florentine's for you. (It does tie in with the book, honestly)

The first crocus are out in my garden - spring must be on the way!

*That's not false modesty. It will be terrible.

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners! And to you, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read both of these novels, my pre-release copy of Paint me a Picture is within arms reach and will always be an inspriation for me - I think I'll opt for your threat: to write a truly awful* limerick about me. My breath is bated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, Anne. I was afraid you'd go for that option. At least as a poet you'll be able to appreciate the true awfulness of my effort!

      Delete
  3. Huge congrats to Rainbowmakier and Rosemary!!! Hooorah!! Please share the any limericks here too though!! LOL! Take care

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if spreading the pain will lessen it, Kitty.

      Delete
  4. Oh, many thanks for that Patsy (and Gary!) - I'd love a Pdf copy of your new novel please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the winner. I love the picture....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring flowers are always a cheering site, aren't they, Dorothy?

      Delete
  6. Congrats to the winners. Glad to see you have some crocus out. I haven't noticed any in my garden yet but there is a small patch of snowdrops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These bright yellow ones always flower earlier than all the others, Suzanne. Think they're 'Golden Bunch'.

      Delete
  7. Hi Patsy .. congratulations to the two winners - I love crocuses ... and hope to get to London to see the spread in Hyde Park - something I always remember from living in town for a while ...

    Bet they're covered in snow now ... wonderful weather we've been having - but we do need the cold ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!