Friday, 8 February 2013

Getting competitive

I know it looks like I'm here, but really I'm over at Romance Reader talking about writing competitions (and giving those who comment over there a final chance to win a copy of A Year and a Day) Please do visit me there if you have time.


Hopefully after reading the interview you'll feel like having a bash at a couple of competitions. Luckily I have some for you. This one offers a $250 dollar prize for a 250 word flash. This one closes tomorrow night* and has complicated rules, but again it's for 250 words and it offers a cash prize plus (paid) publication so it's worth a look.

Unfortunately I couldn't find 248 other competitions with the same word count. I do have one that needs only half that amount. So that's 2.5 x 250 word competitions and this one (for reviews) does offer a £25 prize so it all sort of holds together numerically.

If you count carefully I think you'll find there are 250 petals in the photograph.

*closed now. I just got my entry in on time.

14 comments:

  1. They're pretty, are they crocus? Fantastic colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're crocus. Fortunately for me these particular ones seem to like my garden and are gradually spreading around it.

      Delete
  2. I'm following your blog from now on and I'm planning to enter some competitions in the near future. Actually, I've just won a review contest, so I guess that was a sort of writing competition.......

    http://valerieparv.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/birthright-book-review-contest-and-the-winner-is/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No 'sort of' about it, Maria. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are lovely - and thank you for the links :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the competition links! I wonder if anyone will actually try to count those gorgoeous petals... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rather counting on them not doing that, Jess!

      Delete
  6. Lovely photo, Patsy - and I agree about entering competitions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think I'm making a mistake in encouraging others to have a try, Rosemary - not going to do much for my chances, is it?

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!