Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Cherubim

The word cherubim is simply more than one cherub.

The photo is partially appropriate as it shows more than one of us, otherwise it could be said to illustrate whichever word is the antonym of cherubim. Rascals perhaps?

Here's a fun monthly competition. You're asked to write a story using photo prompts so you might like to use it for inspiration even if you don't plan to enter the competition. There's a cash prize of $30.

And here's another monthly competition. You have to 'like' their facebook page* to be eligible and on there you'll also find the monthly theme and word count. You submit via a facebook message**. The prize is a $50 Amazon voucher.

*While you're on facebook you could like mine too ;-)

** I've sent mine already. I don't know the punctuation combination for a smug smirk so please pretend this is it :-$

23 comments:

  1. Awwwww is that you as a nipper!?!? Awwwww!!! Adorable!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda and Kitty. Yes that's me and my little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute photo - you look like little cherubim! thanks for the photo comp link - I'll have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pair of angels...
    I never realised cherubim was the plural of cherub... see how much you learn from this blog. Thanks Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute picture. :) Thanks for the links! I already 'like' you on FB. :) (And elsewhere, of course.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having just come home from a whole day at Butlins with my 3 'cherubim' grandchildren, I am shattered!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. We weren't nearly as angelic as we looked. Maybe my interest in stories stems from trying to talk my way out of the trouble we got each other into?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely picture :-) I always wanted a little brother! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can have mine, Teresa! (well that's the response you'd have got when I was school age - he's grown on me since)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you the best of luck on your entries - I've "liked" your FB page. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look a right pair of little scallywags to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patsy - love the two of you - great red jumpers, blond hair .. and dazzling smiles - excellent photograph. Probably scallywags too!

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you look too cute... Proper pair of cherubs. You could get away with anything looking that cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And what a cheeky, cheerful cherub you are in that shot, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Lexa.

    We were, Lizy (He still is)

    I don't remember getting away with anything, Suzy. Maybe I wouldn't though?

    And in real life, JJ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great picture. It looks like you were both having such fun in your wellies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photo. It is such fun looking back at old snaps. I do it often. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wendy, we were hardly ever out of wellies as we lived on a farm.

    Glad you liked the photo, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely! In real life, too, Patsy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!