Saturday, 22 June 2013

And the winner is ...

Thanks so much to everyone for all their good wishes and support regarding my latest book. I'm still promoting it. Since my last post I've been on the radio (my bit starts 1hr 39 mins in and includes a 'deliberate' mistake) and have persuaded my local bookshop to stock copies.


Right, think I've dragged it out long enough, the winner of my blog competition is .... Maggie May. Her prize is an ecopy of Up the Garden Path

Susan J Jones and Lexa Cain are both runners up. Their prize is one of my Alfie Dog short stories.

Congratulations, ladies. Please email sales (at) Alfiedog.com with your story choice (if appropriate) and choice of format and your prizes will be emailed back.

Did you know it's International Flash Fiction Day today? That makes it an excellent day to read short stories (like these or these or these or these or these !) or to write some. If you're writing then you might want to submit you work somewhere such as Stinging Fly, Cafelit or Alfie Dog Fiction as EDF or even enter it in a competition.

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations, ladies!
    Hope the launch of this book was a big success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, Alex - what I remember of it anyway as it flew by in a bit of a blur. (Facebook couldn't keep up. I'm still getting email notification of posts made on the day)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Her poem made me smile, Teresa. Actually they all did.

      Delete
  3. Hi Patsy .. congratulations on the radio talk - that's great you're getting exposure for your book that way - and the fact that your book is in the local book shop ...

    Congratulations to your winners - so pleased for everyone .. cheers for now .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having them in a real bookshop is lovely, Hilary. It's only a few copies but it's nice to know they're there.

      Delete
  4. It was a great launch party too, though I don't recall being offered strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were in the Pimms, Lizy to make it healthy.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you've been very busy, Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Patsy. What a lovely surprise. I've just downloaded Up the Garden Path, and am looking forward to reading it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Launch parties and radio appearances? What a whirl of celebrity lifestyle! And you're so lucky to have an independent bookshop willing to stock your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling quite dizzy, Linda. And yes, we're lucky to have a local indy bookshop - they're aren't many around.

      Delete
  8. Thanks Patsy, I'm Susan J Jones, but I hope you mean me. Off to Alfie now. Just downloade Linda's dreamers as well. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, sorry about that, Suzy. It's not even as though the S and J keys are close together!

      Delete
  9. Go to http://www.houstonawknight.blogspot.com/ You'll be as shocked as I was to see the real ending to the Valance story!

    Havens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Sounds like a great Book launch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your book, and to the winner :)

    Thanks also for sharing the flash fiction links.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi honey :)

    I've nominated you for a blog award, but please don't feel obligated to accept. If you do, you can find the info here...

    http://the-view-outside.com/2013/06/26/an-avalanche-of-awards/

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vikki - sorry I've only just spotted this.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!