Thursday, 20 June 2013

Patsy's Incredible Summer Solstice Up the garden path Party!

It's the summer solstice round about now which means extra drinking time in the garden and the launch of Up The Garden Path!

As promised, there are prizes. To be in with a chance to win a paperback copy, like Alfie Dog on Facebook, then drop into the launch party (which starts at mid day) and have a go at the quiz.

For a chance at an ecopy (emailed to you in your choice of format) do the liking and dropping in stages,  then post up a garden related picture or anecdote. Alternatively reply to this post with a garden related limerick, haiku, poem or mini flash (100 words or less) There will be a couple of runner up prizes to both of these competitions - one of my Alfie Dog short stories emailed to you in your chosen format.




You can enter as many competitions as you like and enter the second two as often as you like. Facebook competitions will close 4pm today, the blog one at mid day Saturday (all UK time) If anything isn't clear do ask.





Up the Garden Path is available as a paperback from Alfie Dog, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com and The Book Shop Lee-on-the-Solent and as an ebook from Alfie Dog, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com and Smashwords.






I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to Rosemary at Alfie Dog who's done a brilliant job on putting this together and with the publicity. Also to Gary for creating the cover and trailer.

So, can I get anyone a drink?




36 comments:

  1. I'l try to catch up with the launch later but will be out during most of the day. Hope it all goes well - and lets hope there's a bit of solstice sun on its way to brighten up the event even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay (might have to use my imagination for the sun though)

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be out for a lot of the day too, but hope to see you at the party later, Patsy :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, to, will be out, but have a lovely time Patsy, and very good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a celebration! Congratulations, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No entries yet - maybe I need to start you off with a limerick I remember from my childhood ...

    There was a young lady from Leeds
    Who swallowed a packet of seeds
    in less than an hour
    her arms were in flower
    and her legs covered in weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Up the garden path!
    Patsy’s done it again! Yay!
    Congratulations!
    :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very best wishes with the book, Patsy! Am typing this at work so unfortunately can't spend time at the celebrations. But have a drink on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very best of luck with the book, Patsy! Am typing this at work so can't join in the celebrations - but have a drink on me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not on Facebook so I'll have to join the party here... make mine a large one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've got Pimms (which we've decided is healthy on account of the fruit) wine in variety including champagne, cocktails and tea. What do you fancy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your lovely book launch. No good at limericks, but I did post a photo earlier. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'll let you off this time, Joanne.

      Delete
  12. Hi Patsy, I've ordered the book from Amazon, but I'd still love a chance to win a story, I've already downloaded spy in our midst, that was fun. Here's my poem.

    sprinkle grass seeds on the soil
    put the kettle on to boil
    get the old chair out of the shed
    Pick Patsy's book up to read instead.
    Gardening can wait.
    ------------------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for ordering it, Suzy!

      Love the poem. I reckon sitting out with a mug of tea and a book is an important part of gardening.

      Delete
  13. Did somebody say "drink"? Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a water butt (new obviously) full of Pimms - grab a straw, Linda.

      Delete
  14. May I add my huge thanks to yours to Rosemary? She's taught me more about good writing than all the professors I suffered at university.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just a quickie:

    A bumble bee sat on my nose
    It gave me such a fright
    I ran around in circles
    Twisting first left and then right

    Finally it flew away
    It would have made you laugh
    If you'd have only seen me
    Dancing, up the garden path

    Thanks for the pims. Think all this buzzing about has made me tipsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, Maggie! Working in the book title is a nice touch.

      Delete
  16. On Patsy's Garden Path I went for a walk,
    when the trees and flowers began to talk.
    They bragged so proudly,
    that I laughed loudly,
    And fell when I tripped on a rock.

    Yup, pretty pitiful - but fun! Good luck with the release! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun, Lexa - and some flowers are so flamboyant they do seem to brag.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!