Monday, 21 October 2013

All at Sea


Here's a competition to write a romance set at the seaside. Appropriately the prize is a romantic break at the seaside - or at least it could be romantic if you take the right person. There's also some cash for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If I'm not around for a while, you'll know I'm doing research for this one ;-)

Life at sea is the theme of this competition, which has £1,000 as the top prize, plus three more decent prizes in both the fiction and poetry categories.

I did write a story about life at sea. Even though it's romantic I can't enter it in either competition as it's already been published. Suppose I'd better get on a write another one - after the appropriate research of course.

Gary, where are you?

18 comments:

  1. The seaside always makes a good setting, doesn't it. This sounds a good competition, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a good setting, Wendy. Can't think why I don't use it more.

      Delete
  2. Well done on another story publication, Patsy - and thanks for those interesting links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patsy!! Enjoy your research!! Hope Gary helps! LOL! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, Kitty. I made sure that was in our marriage vows.

      Delete
  4. Patsy, much as I appreciate EWG comps having a second mention in a week on your fabulous blog, I don't think our reasonable entry fee prices allow us to stretch to offering a romantic break at the seaside as our prize. I think you may have provided the wrong link.

    The other link for the Writing at Sea looks worth a bash. Thank you for providing all these brill lnks, Patsy.

    Kind regards,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a bit worrying that you've been married for less than a year and you have to send a blog massage to find your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems less than a year, but actually it's a year and a quarter, Lizy. (And don't worry, I know where he is really)

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Patsy.
    I will be reading your piece. I noticed that I need to download it so I will come back later this week and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of romance at sea... or so I'm told. Did you find Gary?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live 2 minutes away from the beach, great place to live. Enjoyed your post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a slightly longer walk, Yvonne but I'm close enough to agree with you.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!