Saturday, 30 November 2013

Aaaargh!

I had lovely organised bookmark files with all my competition links in. One each for those I'd already blogged about, those I had yet to mention and those I intended to enter. Had. Past tense.

The whole morning has been spent searching the internet for free to enter competitions. I've found a lot, including some new ones. So many that I'm going to post them in batches of half a dozen over the next few posts. Some of course I've already mentioned but I'm going to add the links anyway as I can't be bothered to check for the benefit of those who may have missed them the first time.*

Here's the first batch. One, two, three, four five, six.

*Strange as it seems there are people who don't hang on my every word.

Here's a combined word and geography quiz ... use part of the location in the photo to complete a well known simile for hunting down relevant information, amongst all the other stuff, on the internet.

28 comments:

  1. Searching maybe or is that too obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not it, Maggie. The answer is a phrase rather than a single word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy, Patsy!

    Needle in a haystack? :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. You have to be quick on the keyboard round here, Wendy.

      Delete
  5. Yes, that's the needles, of needle in a haystack. Thanks for the links Patsy, Something's blocking me from wordpress, so that's a nuisance. Still, blogger is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe wordpress is having a glitch, Suzy?

      Delete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed.
    I will let you know if I find any contests, but I am busy with other projects so I will not be researching much in December. I have some deadlines approaching...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that problem in life, too- people not hanging on to my every word...like my husband, lol! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't understand what's wrong with them, Leandra.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for all your hard work on our behalfs. (Behalves?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't know which is right there, Joanne. I'd say behalf's, but it doesn't look right written down.

      Delete
  9. Yeah, it's definitely a bummer for people who come last (she clears her throat) ahem...or us., Because we can see they beat us to the punch. Nicely done ladies!! As for the competitions Patsy, allow us to thank you once again for supplying us writers with incentive & doing the hard work of finding these needles in the haystacks for us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow another great batch of free comps, Patsy. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patsy- not fair! You cannot give the opening para to a tale of disaster and not elaborate. What happened to the file?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know exactly whay happened, Lizy - I'm guessing I did something I shouldn't have though.

      Delete
  12. Sorry, I lost the plot here. The only needles I recognise are the ones in my knitting basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These would only give you a stitch if you climbed them, Maggie.

      Delete
  13. Sorry, I lost the plot here. The only needles I recognise are the ones in my knitting basket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!