Friday, 7 February 2014

A funny thing

If you can write humorous poetry, then do give the free Wergle Flomp competition a try (thanks to Julia for passing on the link) There's a $1,000 top prize plus ten honourable mentions worth $100 each. You can even send previously published poems.

video
Climate change is no joke, but it could win you £50 at this poetry slam. You get a free drink for taking part. I'd need that to perform my poetry - and the audience would need several so I'll give this one a miss.

12 comments:

  1. I can't write poetry - humorous or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've written some poetry, Wendy but mostly it's pretty bad.

      Delete
  2. This post made me laugh, Patsy.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think the only humorous poem I've written is one for children, apart from the odd limerick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've written some very odd limericks, Rosemary.

      Delete
  4. yes, I'll have a go at the funny one Patsy, that's my cup of tea. The other one though, I once did a talk for the wi. As it went well, another group of ladies asked me. I thought the first one went terrible, so had a few drinks for the second one...... they said it went well. I can't remember:))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that second talk could be the subject of your poem, Suzy?

      Delete
  5. I have actually performed my poetry but only in front of a crowd of friends after several drinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I performed poetry in fron of friends and family BEFORE several drinks, Lizy! It was at my wedding, so I knew I'd get a sympathetic audience.

      Delete
  6. Hi Patsy .. don't need to see those things at the moment! Is that Hell's Mouth in Cornwall .. though I'm sure Gary has found just as treacherous places elsewhere ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in Ireland, Hilary. You're right about Gary being good at finding treacherous places though!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!