Saturday, 1 February 2014

Want your novel published?

If you have a novel you'd like published, this competition is definitely worth a look. The first prize is a $50,000 publishing contract. There are four further prizes of contracts worth $15,000.

Just in case you're thinking that winning a novel writing competition is impossible, I'd like to assure you it isn't. My first novel Escape to the Country was published as a result of a competion win.

The Createspace one will be even tougher, but somebody has to win those prizes.

22 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! Any you're a great example of when it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone is going to win this one too, Rachel.

      Delete
  2. Great competition find, Patsy. Does this work for novels that are self-published already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't started mine, Patsy ha ha - maybe next years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've not yet started it'd be pushing it for this year, Wendy!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this comp and congratulations on your own success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Patsy! That's wonderful.
    You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds super. I will definitely check it out. Do they take children's books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, Rachna. They do take YA though.

      Delete
  7. It sounds like a great opportunity, although I don't think I'll be taking advantage of it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an annual competition, Rosemary so maybe another time?

      Delete
  8. Sounds worth a go Patsy. You have proved it can be done, as Alex pointed out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patsy .. you are certainly persistent - and congratulations ... I loved the stories in Up the Garden Path ... and today I found this book ... to read at some stage - I'm still clearing up etc .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!