Monday, 31 March 2014

Quick cash

I can't remember if I mentioned this poetry competition. The closing date is tomorrow and the first prize is $1,000 so if you have a funny poem, get it in now.

This magazine pays $700 for short stories and is currently open to submissions.

And a reminder about this non fiction competition for women only. $500 prize but as it closes today you'll need to write fast unless you already have a memoir, essay or other type of creative non fiction written. Seems they're open to any subject and style just as long as it doesn't have a male author. Men however will be permitted to read the winning piece.

There's a bit more notice for this short story competion, less prize money at £10 WH Smiths voucher for first place, but you can't have everything.

I'm guessing you'd rather be told twice about a competition than not at all if I'm not sure I've included it before and would rather hear late than never about any I come across at the last minute?

8 comments:

  1. You do a great job, Patsy! I've entered the first comp already and have tried Glimmertrain to no avail a few times. Interested in the essay comp though as I love non-fiction and am currently finishing another essay for a different comp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried Glimmer Train to no avail too, Rosemary. Think I'll have another bash though.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, thanks for these, Patsy. Will definitely try Glimmer Train with those payments - along with everyone else I expect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I imagine they get plenty of subs, Tracy.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! (moderation is enabled to avoid spam, so your comment may not appear immediately)