Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Tab

Oddly my dictionary doesn't give either of the definitions I associate with these three letters. To me they stand for Take a Break. I'm not terribly keen on the weekly mag, but TAB's Fiction Feast is great. When writing stories I indent paragraphs using the tab key (then take the indents out again for TAB!)

See where it says 'Top Twist' on the cover of the current issue? That's my story they're talking about!

Non writers probably think of a tab as a drinks bill (oh, OK writers might be familiar with that one too) A a small strip of material used for hanging up clothes is a tab and tabbing is the action of attaching these. A stage curtain can be known as a tab and it might need to be tabbed in order to hang it.

To keep tabs on someone is to keep them under surveillance.


18 comments:

  1. My story is in there keeping tabs on yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Wendy! (I saw your name, but haven't read the story yet)

      Delete
  2. Your title caught my eye as I always think of Fiction Feast as TAB! Must read your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect other writers do too, Rosemary.

      Delete
  3. How exciting to get a mention on the front cover! As one of your followers I keep tabs on you all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to get a cover mention, Lizy.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, that's so cool! Congrats on the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tab-by cat!

    Yay too for your TAB top twist tale!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that you mention it, I see "tab" almost exclusively as the button on my keyboard. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must mean you keep your head down and work, Misha.

      Delete
  7. Clever way to sneak in a plug for your story, Patsy. Nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son has a tabby cat. Does it count it I shorten it to 'tab' as a comment on your post, Patsy? Congratulations on your story in TAB and thanks for the tip about indents for them. Hope you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! (moderation is enabled to avoid spam, so your comment may not appear immediately)