Thursday, 1 May 2014

An exception


Usually I only post details of writing competitions which are completely free to enter, but I'm making an exception for this one from Alfie Dog. They're looking for short stories in almost any genre.

Anyone can enter, but they first need to download 5 stories from the site. Most cost 39p, so entering will set you back nearly £2 (think that works out just over $3?) You can enter by email though, so that's it. (By the way, if you enter please consider including one of my stories in your 5 downloads)

The prize? £200 plus publication of your short story collection, from which you'll earn royalties, plus 5 printed copies.

If you're wondering what Alfie Dog collections are like, take a look at this example ;-)

Alfie Dog are the publishers of my FREE short story collection.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea, Patsy, and ensures that people know what the publication is looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Carole. The site has quite a variety of genres, but even so, reading five stories should help people get an idea of what the editor likes.

      Delete
  2. I've got that collection, and it is really good, full of your excellent stories. I think the downloading of 5 stories is a great idea, and adds up to much less than your average competition, so I think it's well worth a mention on your blog Patsy. I'll be having a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been telling myself to get some Alfie Dog stories for ages, but I've got side-tracked. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bargain really, when you get stories to read for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way of raising the profile and getting new writing, excellent opportunity. I will definitely download some of yours if (I know, I should say WHEN) I enter. Good luck to everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Samantha, this seems a pretty smart move by Alfie Dog.

      Delete
  6. It looks a great competition, doesn't it?. The prizes attractive but it seems to be a brilliant way of promoting the stories too. As well as being good value for money, it will hopefully get entrants to see how varied the stories on the site are. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A worthwhile exception, Patsy, and a great prize for the winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patsy - m/c on blink so short! Waitrose have a poetry competition going on - don't know if it's worth featuring .. or looking at - that's me ... it's type one letter wait for it to tap through ... enjoy this blustery weekend?! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary. It's always worth having a look, I reckon.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!