Friday, 16 May 2014

DIY sort of

This competition looks like it might be fun if I can find my way around the technical aspects. You have to upload 4-8 pieces of flash fiction (each under 1,000 words) and fiddle around until you've created a virtual booklet. The winner will get 50 printed copies of the result.

I nearly illustrated this with a picture of my husband doing DIY, but decided that was too mean. Instead I've gone for something he's good at. Er, I chose that particular image because he took it not because ... um ...

Anyway, are you good at practical stuff, or with technology, or do your skills lie in a completely different direction?

Do you know where Gary took the 'little planet' photo?

12 comments:

  1. I thought the picture was of the space station - I think I may be due an appointment at the opticians! I have no idea where it is, but I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's taken aerial pictures, Teresa but he's not flown quite that high!

      Delete
  2. Was it one of the Scottish islands? Love the different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not, Linda - but I can see why you thought it could be.

      Delete
  3. Well, this week I have made three skirts, rethreaded a necklace, designed and printed a poster, cooked various meals and written two pieces of flash fiction. Does any of that count?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. Thanks, Patsy! The technical aspect of it does not appeal to me, but I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the site, Julia but soon gave up.

      Delete
  5. i think its at the Sandbanks Ferry which is a vehicle ferry between Sanbanks and Studland at Poole in Dorset. The ferry crosses the entrance to Poole Harbour and shows a hotel, cars etc waiting for the ferry on one side and the inner harbour. I think Gary must have been playing with photoshop and has produced a circular panorama - these modifications! to images have always fascinated me and I did once produce a great one of Stonehenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, Sylvia! I can imagine Stonehenge would look great done like this.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!