Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Restrictions apply

Here's a competition that could win you £1,000, publication and a trip to be presented with your prize at a party. To enter you need to be female, from the UK and unpublished 'in a literary sense'. Apparently short stories, poetry and self published works aren't literary. Not sure if men are excluded for being too literary, or not literary enough.

(It's just been pointed out to me the closing date is 6th May. I was aware of that - I just hadn't realised we'd got to May already! I still hadn't got used to it being April.)

When I find a men only writing competition I'll post the details. Can't say I've ever seen one - have you?

Here's something else you don't see every day.

14 comments:

  1. Interesting comp - but you'll have to be quick! Closing date is today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing they don't want too many words!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'll try to give more notice next time, Wendy.

      Delete
  3. Even if I lived in the UK I don't think I could write the winning entry by 6th MAy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're from the UK though aren't you, Lizy?

      Delete
  4. LOL!! The pic is something we should all see everyday! LOL! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheery looking chaps, aren't they, Kityy?

      Delete
  5. "It's just been pointed out to me the closing date is 6th May. I was aware of that - I just hadn't realised we'd got to May already! I still hadn't got used to it being April."

    Haha. Glad that's not just me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where does all the time go, Bernadette? (I think I'm turning into my gran)

      Delete
  6. Unfortunately, there has always been discrimination against the female gender. This happens in response to the discrimination (sexism) that continues to exist in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And here's an article that gives you some concrete data
    :
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/13/book-gender_n_1324560.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!