Monday, 2 June 2014

In good company

Just a quick brag - I have a story in the current (July!) issue of Woman's Weekly Fiction Special. There are also stories by Teresa Ashby, Della Galton, Wendy Clarke and some of my other writing friends.

I've mentioned this ghost story competition before. At the time I hadn't realised it was monthly. There are 12 chances a year to win the top prize of £100 and publication. There are cash prizes for runners up too.

Talking of company, I've arranged to meet lots of writers over the next few weeks - and the rest of the year. I mentioned a few of the visits when I was on the radio last week. My bit starts 12 minutes in.

How about you? Anything to brag about? Are you meeting new or old friends soon?


33 comments:

  1. Pleased I am on your list of friends to meet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are! Looking forward to seeing you, Anne.

      Delete
  2. Well done on another success, Patsy! I meet up with writing friends quite regularly and will be doing so even more over summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get to see mine nearly enough, Rosemary.

      Delete
  3. Something to be very proud of Patsy...good work my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsy!! You are amazing!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will brag that I have an online friend who has a story in the current issue of Woman's Weekly Fiction Special. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've sold it to me. Well done on getting your story published Patsy, now I know I need to buy it, especially with all those other favourite writers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got my copy this morning, Patsy :-) But I'm off to listen to the radio now :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get a sausage roll to eat while I read it, Teresa.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I got a second one today as I subscribe and got a contributor's copy. It's nice to be able to keep an uncrumpled one (I'm a messy reader)

      Delete
  9. Lovely to hear your voice. You come over really well and congratulations on your magazine story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I'm getting fairly used to doing the interviews now.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations, Patsy! I look forward to reading your story.
    Something to brag about?
    Last week I had a story accepted for publication by a literary magazine.
    Two days ago I realized that an essay I wrote on a couple of literary classics was recommended on a website along with other essays from The New Yorker. That was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well done on the Woman's Weekly story, Patsy!
    Something to brag about? I've got a story in the current edition of My Weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the story, Patsy! That's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!