Monday, 23 June 2014

What gets you going?

There's not long until this competition closes, but if you happen to have a story ready on "the links between Britain and the Czech/Slovak Republics, or describing society in transition in the Republics since 1989" you could win yourself £300. Your entry can be fact or fiction.

You have a little more time for this one and a lot more freedom over the subject matter. Publication is the only prize mentioned.

What do you find more motivating - deadline, theme or the chance of earning some cash?

(Photo by Gary. I asked for something to illustrate anything in this post - and got it)

15 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - thanks for the link over and for the comments ... so many links .. I was in Czechoslovakia in the 70s for an Exhibition of capital plant and machinery ... but sadly I must do other things right now - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there's a coincidence! If I had more time I might have managed to enter the Czeck/Slovak comp - I am returning home today after spending ten days with my son and his Slovak wife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've done the research part then, Lizy. The contest is annual, so you can do something ready for next time.

      Delete
  3. Hi Patsy, thanks for the link, pic and actual links. The second one appeals to my brain more than the first:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, forgot to say, I write better when there's a deadline involved. Cash would be good as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cash and a dealine works for me too, Suzy.

      Delete
  5. Deadlines motivate me. I hate to miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good question! When I was looking for anthologies to write a story for, the theme often inspired me to write a story. Now it's more about the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My motivation comes from within. And if the theme is appealing you can add that one to my list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some stories seem to create their own motivation, Julia. That's as close as I come to internal motivation I think.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!