Tuesday, 26 August 2014

A ray of sunshine

My story, The New Weather Girl' is in the 30th August issue of My Weekly. 

A while ago My weekly stopped accepting short fiction submissions from authors who'd not previously had anything published by them. I've since heard them described as a closed shop ... but there are still opportunities to be published in My weekly. Features can still be pitched to the following -
Health – Karen Byrom kbyrom@dcthomson.co.ukCelebrity, General Featuressanderson@dcthomson.co.uk

Real Life - srodger@dcthomson.co.ukFashion/beauty/diet - Audrey Patterson apatterson@dcthomson.co.uk
Travel, Cookery – Alison Graves agraves@dcthomson.co.uk
You can also submit pocket novels. Maggie Swinburne is the person to contact about those. “Pocket novels are exciting, thrilling reads that sweep the reader away for adventures and intrigue, drama and romance! 50,000 words please.”



22 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - congratulations on your latest submission ... and good to know the opportunities are still around ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quite a lot of different writing opportunities, Hilary. Just as well as there are a lot of writers!

      Delete
  2. I written a pocket novel about a gorilla who goes around the world stopping girls from being deflowered unless they've reached the age of seventeen-and-a-half. Do you think the magazine might be interested?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing probably not, GB but editors choices have surprised me before.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Patsy! Glad you got your foot in the door on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Patsy! How marvelous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, Patsy! Thanks as always for finding homes for our writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased to hear of your further success. And by the way, I found your recent piece in Writing Magazine really useful. Also. I'm delighted to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bryan! I'm delighted to have been found.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!