Thanks to Beth Cuenco for the following -
The Wise Words Festival (www.wisewordsfestival.co.uk), in partnership with The Canterbury Times, is launching two competitions, one for those who like to write prose and the other for those who like to write poetry.
Both competitions invite entries inspired by the theme ‘The Great Unknown.’
- Poets are invited to submit a poem of up to 20 lines (no poem is too short)
- Writers are invited to submit a short story (Flash Fiction) that contains no more than 500 words (again there is no minimum limit)
There are three age categories, 7-10 years, 11-15 years and adults (16+)
The competition will be judged by our Festival Patron and award-winning author Jane Gardam OBE. Winning entries will appear in the Canterbury Times and in the next edition of our very own paper ‘Wise Words’ that will appear coffee shops across Canterbury.
- All work must be in English and not previously published in any form.
- Entries must be original; entirely the entrant’s own work and must not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- There is no charge for submissions.
- The deadline for entries is midday 11th August. Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put the age bracket within which you fall and include POETRY or FLASH FICTION COMPETITION in the email subject.