Friday, 8 August 2014

I'm a cover girl!

No no, I don't mean Patrick McCabe is my pen name and this is how I look if I push my hair back. But see in the bottom left where it says 'Be Constructive'? That's my article they're referring to!

I'm jolly chuffed, let me tell you.

The article is two pages of advice on how to get good feedback and how to use it. I'd love to know what you think of it (see what I did there?)

I was fortunate to have help and quotes from my writing buddies as well as editors, proofreaders and authors. Thank you all. Writerly types are such generous people.

If you found your way over here after reading the article - WELCOME!

I don't have a free competition link today. I have three - this one has a prize of £500 plus a place on an Arvon course. This one offers £1,000, a weekend away and, appropriately, feedback on your work. There's only cash on offer with this one, but as the top prize is £30,000 perhaps we'll let them off?

And here's a Friday Freebie courtesy of Della Galton.

27 comments:

  1. Good article, Patsy. Some very useful suggestions and reminders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robert. Hope it proves helpful.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my copy just came in a couple of days ago so I'll look out for your article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots of good stuff in there, Rosemary (as usual)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting the article in the magazine, and on making it onto the cover! Well done, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Patsy. I haven't had time to look at my copy yet, but I'll look forward to reading your article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're like me, Frances, you have a pile of magazines waiting to be read.

      Delete
  5. congrats on the article. woot woot!

    You are quite the cover girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the article as soon as it popped through the door. I'm interested to know if they asked you to write it, or did you approach them. Hope you don't mind me asking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I approached them - and no I don't mind you asking. Writers are supposed to have enquiring minds!

      Delete
  7. I haven't even managed to open the magazine yet with organising my art exhibition launch this week, but I am off camping this weekend so I'll hopefully get reading it then...but I might just have to look for it later now you have whetted my appetite!

    I was at a reading by Pat McCabe at the John Hewitt Summer School last year - a really funny bloke. :)

    marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article. Inspiring words and inspiring to see you featured on this magazine! Congratulations... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool, Patsy! I would be jolly chuffed too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Patsy, no wonder you're delighted. Just read your article about an hour ago - it has some excellent advice! Especially for someone like me who tends to work in a vacuum...

    Also, I think I read one of your short stories somewhere this week, can't remember which magazine it was though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Do you get Woman's Weekly Fiction Special? I have one in that.

      Delete
    2. Ooh, that's it. The story about the litter-picking girl! I can't find the magazine for the life of me, so I can't remember the story title. Enjoyed it though :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!