Thursday, 14 August 2014

Ooops - and huzzah!

I forgot to do a Wednesday word of the week post, which is the oops.  The huzzah is because I've sold another story to My Weekly and I'll be meeting up with writing buddies later this week.  I need to work on my cake eating skills!

Anyone want to share an embarrassing oversight or, better yet, a piece of good news? (It doesn't have to be writing related) I'd like something fun to read whilst I chomp.

I do have a competition link too, but I'm not sure how to make it relevant to the rest of the post ... um, the cake has a middle in it and I have a writing friend in the Midlands and another friend is a wonderful poet and winning might make you go 'Huzzah!' Yes, that should do it. Here's a competition for poets who live or work in the Midlands.

20 comments:

  1. Who are you meeting up with, Patsy? Anyone nice? 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice, Wendy. That's all I'm saying for now - more details to follow.

      Delete
  2. I'm too drawn to the photo of the cake to think about anecdotes right now! Congratulations on the My Weekly story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Distraction by cake is very common round here.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the My Weekly Sale Patsy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you already know my good news - two grandchildren due to arrive next year - but I can't resist the invitation to boast about them again Huzzah!! And another huzzah for your story success. Save me a slice of cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did know, Liz but here's another 'congratulations' anyway!

      Delete
  5. Congrats, and I'll help you eat that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on selling another story to My Weekly!! That's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the word Huzzah! It's so...historical sounding. =) Have fun w/your friends! And, ooh, cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to keep using these words so they don't become just part of history, Leandra.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the sale, Patsy - and is there any cake left? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can email you a slice, Teresa.

      Delete
  9. Good news, I'm going to be a Gran, so huzzah to that. And I live in the Midlands another huzzah, and oops, I switched the hoover on behind a yuppie chappie on the phone, while cleaning the other day and it wasn't on properly, one of those dyson types I'd just emptied... It made a high pitched whine. He stuck his hand up like he wanted to talk to teacher, and the whole of the office staff laughed, as he's the office plonker I presume.... I sneaked out laughing of course and came back later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooops, forgot to say, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!