Monday, 25 August 2014

Treemendous

Thanks to Suzy for telling me about this competition. There's a £20 prize. The deadline is the end of the month, but there's no theme so you can send in something you prepared earlier.

I'm going enter but the lack of theme will make choosing a story difficult. With nothing to narrow it down it's hard to see the wood for the trees and whittle it down to just one.

Did you twig that last paragraph was just to give me an excuse to post this picture? (At least I spared you the barking stuff about branching out into different genres and hoping my entry would be OaK and not wanting to leaf any out!)

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one with no entry fee, Patsy!
    I thought this was a bit of acorn-y post.
    I'll get me coat :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yew'll have to whittle down your list - life's a beec h, isn''t it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha

    so you like puns...never would have caught on to that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hope they root out the ripe fruit from the deadwood.

    Ahem. Does that even make sense? LOL! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad puns!
    No theme would make it easier for me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Save those entries and save the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to chill out in that grove with a nice comfy blanket, picnic basket, and a great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like a good picnic spot, Leandra.

      Delete
  8. Puntastic news, Patsy. I might branch out and have a go.

    *roots around for ideas*

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you come up with a trunkful, Helen.

      Delete
  9. I could be barking up the wrong tree, but I sent in a travel story... Thanks for the mention, and good luck, or wood luck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wood luck to you too, Suzy. (I sent a crime one)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!