Monday, 8 September 2014

A matter of location


We've set off on our big adventure in the mobile writing retreat and by the time you read this we should be somewhere in Wales ... that's unless our plans change (again!) or I get involved in the navigation.

For this trip, most of the time it won't matter much where we are. Usually when we're writing it doesn't matter at all where we are, but when it comes to competition eligibility that's not always the case.

This poetry competition is open to those who live or work in the West Midlands. The prize is a paid poetry reading in the Library of Birmingham.

This short story competition is open only to residents of London and offers a £1,000 prize.

14 comments:

  1. I'm so, so jealous! Next time you got off in your camper I'm stowing away in it (still trying to persuade other half that having one is a good idea). Have a fabulous trip and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the great thing about writing, you can do it anywhere. We are in York and I've still to get my notebook out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've written a story!! Just needs honing and tuning when I get home. How is yours coming along?

      Delete
    2. Well done, Maggie! I've edited something and sent it in for the RAC competition I mentioned a few days ago. Seemed appropriate to work on a travel story whilst travelling.

      Delete
  3. I want to adventure with you. The swamps around Tampa are getting quaint. Wales! Yeah! That could get me excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swamps sound quite exciting to me, R Mac! The scenery in north Wales is rather impressive though.

      Delete
  4. PS...Wales would have to be cooler than around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wales! Beautiful country. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It is, Lizy. We'd planned to move on yesterday, but decided to spend an extra night.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy touring. The competitions you have publicised this time are rather locationist!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!