Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Inspired to work





A few days ago we took this ferry to the small island of Gigha. We followed the sign and (eventually) found the beach where I went swimming.

 I've just finished the first draft of a story about a woman who gets the ferry to Gigha with her husband. They followed the sign and (eventually) found the beach where she went swimming.


In other writing news, one of my stories has just been accepted by pages of stories. Coincidentally it's about postcards and I'd posted some shortly before getting the news.








14 comments:

  1. That's great, Patsy!
    And that is really experiencing what your character experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be able to accurately describe really cold salt water, Alex!

      Delete
  2. congrats on the sell. Love the visceral plot of your new story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patsy - congratulations and that is such a gorgeous island .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and I hope yiou enjoyed the rocky beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. And you didn't even see the bit where I brushed against seaweed and thought it was a swarm of jellyfish.

      Delete
  6. That's good. Now you need to write about a lady who goes and puts the lottery on and wins, then do the same. No, it doesn't work, I tried it, then made my character post the money into boxes because she didn't want it:)) The peacefulness looks amazing. Hope it inspires lots more stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I'll stick to ones about people having a nice time in Scotland - probably safer.

      Delete
  7. The escape to the island sounds lovely! Congratulations on your story acceptance

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!