Monday, 27 October 2014

What happens next?

This unusual competition is perfect for those whose mind goes blank when told they can write about anything. The character and beginning of the plot are provided.

Entrants do have to agree to their story (or stories as you can send three) being used in an anthology, but you couldn't sub a story that's only partly yours eleswhere anyway. As far as I can make out publication and publicity are the only prize.

As a break from my photos of Scotland here's one I took in Dorest (which is where you send your entries so it's kind of relevant)


16 comments:

  1. Another great photo, Patsy. Thanks for the link - though I'll probably give this one a miss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will too, but I'm hoping it'll be a good prompt for some people.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Actuallu it's a minster, Alex - but cool all the same.

      Delete
  3. Just the competition for me - I much prefer having a theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have something to go on isn't it, Wendy.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I'll have a go at this as well. Thanks for the link, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I bet the differing entries will be interesting too, Misha.

      Delete
  6. If I submitted something to this one it would set a new record. I guess I'll pass. Besides I'm not up on modern life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could have her slip back in time to the wild west, Oscar?

      Delete
  7. One of my best short stories was written for WM with the ending provided. My story was great - the final line was appallingly banal. As soon as the comp was over I rewrote it1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the line prompted a great story it did its job and wasn't needed any more, Lizy. (was it the spring in the step one?)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like how my mind goes when it comes to tests. Heh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to start by rewriting the question, Leandra - so maybe I'd do OK at this one?

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!