Sunday, 28 December 2014

2014 - 2015

This is the tradtional time for looking back over the previous year and looking forward to the next. I like a bit of tradition.

In 2013's end of year post I said I'd done fairly well, but could do better. The same thing is true this year.  2014 was my best writing year so far in terms of short stories written and sold. That's good, I'm pleased, but I could have worked harder and would probably have then seen even better results.

So, do I carry on as I have been and try to put in more effort - or is it time for a completely new strategy and approach? I have a few days to work that out. One thing's for sure, I'll be making good use of the mobile writing retreat.

How was your year - and what are your plans for 2015?

If you fancy a real challenge, how about writing something positive about the banking industry? If you can manage it, you might win £200 in this free competition.

14 comments:

  1. You still have a few days to decide.
    Next year, I have only to survive one more book launch. Last one? Still deciding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm betting it's not the last one ever, Alex.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a successful year and best wishes for the year to come, however you decide to spend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patsy, you say you could have worked harder, but do you need or want to? You seem to have a pretty full life, with your husband and travels and writing. Maybe you suffer from what my husband calls oughtism...? Away, congratulations on all your successes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Frances. It is possible to keep on trying to improve and lose sight of what we're working towards. Yes, I do want to work harder, but it's more a case of making better use of my time than spending longer at my desk, I think. Leaving time for travel, gardening and other such activities is important.

      Delete
  4. I didn't get as much writing done this year as I would have liked. Got a 3 thousand mile drive with some opportunities to take lots of photos. My wife lost her mother, and my sweet Gracie this month. It's all just one day at a time. Best way to think about it. May you have a great 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for both those losses, Mac. One day at a time does sound the right way to continue.

      Hoping 2015 brings you happiness.

      Delete
  5. You seem pretty successful to me already, so I would carry on just as you are. Do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do. That's my New Year's resolution anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent resolution, Maggie. Mind if I adopt it?

      Delete
  6. Can't think of much good to say about the banking industry, but we have to get along with it. Re 2014, it came and it went all too fast for me. In 2015, I hope to finish another novel. If I accomplish that, it'll be a good year. I like your mobile studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did go fast, Oscar. There are things I'd have liked to do - maybe I'll get to some of them next year?

      Delete
  7. It would be a challenge to write something positive about the banking industry! Congratulations on your successful year and may 2015 be even better xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would, Teresa. Don't think I'll be doing this one.

      Thanks for your good wishes. Hope you and your family have a happy and healthy year.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!