Saturday, 27 December 2014

What does it represent?

I've seen loads of competitions offering agent representation for novel writers over the last few weeks. Here's another one (you have to register with the site to get the details, but it's free to do that).

I was under the impression that agents had so many prospective clients they could only skim through a fraction of the manuscripts submitted to them. Now it seems many are actively seeking more novels to read. Any idea what, if anything, has changed?

I don't think these figures are supposed to represent agents or authors, but for all I know they might. Anyone got a clue?

16 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - isn't that interesting .. I've no idea and the link over doesn't help - as you said! Kids playground perhaps ... cheers and enjoy the next few days as 2014 closes off ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They looked like adults to me, Hilary - but I'm no art expert.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Maybe, but they didn't seem very active. Maybe they're just getting ready?

      Delete
  3. Would it help us to know where they are? Thanks for blogging right the way through Christmas to keep us all awake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might, Maggie. They were in South Shields, right near the sea.

      Delete
  4. From where I'm sitting they look a bit like aliens being born fully formed from eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you mention it, Lizy they do rather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we're seeing the next Doctor Who villains:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder about the Mumsnet Comp. - although I expect they'll be inundated with entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should think so, Sally. Still someone has to win.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!