Monday, 12 January 2015

Appliance of science

Thanks to Suzy for reminding me about this sci-fi competition. There's a £200 prize. I don't write much science fiction, but I have sent something in. It's good to try something different, isn't it?

I'm always pleased to hear about free to enter writing competitions. My email address is in 'contact me' or just leave the details in a comment.

Do you know what the photo is of? Or maybe you'd like to make up an answer, possibly to use as an entry for the competition.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know you do, Alex - and yes lights, but what sort?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I don't do a lot of disco dancing, Mac but from what I remember the venues don't tend to be as bright as they'd be if these were used.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the sci-fi contest, Patsy!

    I don't know what that picture is of. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting competition - I like science fiction, but I don't write it. No idea what the picture is about xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I liked it until I read some and realised what a variety there is.

      Delete
  5. I don't normally write sci-fi but I do have an idea for a novel that feels like it's in that genre. I'm going to try the story anyway. Good luck with the competition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your novel, Quanie. If you like the idea then it makes sense to try writing the story.

      Delete
  6. Hi Patsy.
    Here's this annual short story competition. One hundred dollars is the prize. You do NOT need to be from Latin America to submit and the story does not need to be about Latin America. Any theme is welcomed. Any writer from any country can participate. Here's the link:
    http://southernpacificreview.com/2011/11/13/south-american-short-story-writing-contest/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!