Monday, 16 March 2015

Marginalised?

Arts Council England are running this competition for 'disabled and marginalised' writers offering financial, and other, help. There's quite a list of ways in which a person could be considered 'marginalised' being over aged over 65, acting as a carer or being long term unemployed for example, so it might be having a look to see if you qualify. Flash fiction or poetry can be submitted.

Thanks to Sandy Walker for letting me know about this competition. I'm very sorry about the terrible pictorial pun on her name.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - lovely photo .. I went to see the film Tracks this week ... lovely film and shows what can be done with perseverance ... and yes I do qualify for one of those .. or perhaps even two .. cheers Hilary It's Australian, but has camels in! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracks_(2013_film)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of that film, Hilary. Looks interesting.

      Delete
  2. I'm 78. How marginalised can you get? (Never thought I'd see Mustapha the Camel on FB)

    ReplyDelete
  3. had to read that twice...ha ha...sandy walker...ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. Just couldn't help myself.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Certainly there are people who could do with a little extra help, Misha.

      Delete
  5. I'll go out and commit an offence so I can qualify!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't reccomend it, Charlie - though getting locked up might provide some distraction free writing time. There are several writers who seem to have turned the experience to their advantage.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!