Monday, 18 May 2015

Bitmead and Bruntwood.

Winning the Luke Bitmead bursary will earn you a publishing contract and £2,500 cash. It's free to enter and open to anyone over 16 who hasn't had a novel traditionally published and who's written a complete novel for adults.

The organisers are particularly interested in entries from those whose personal or financial circumstances make it difficult for them to focus on writing.

Playwrights will probably want to have a look at this. The prize fund is £40,000!


12 comments:

  1. For me it's the need to sell my apartment that's preventing me from concentrating on writing - do you think they might buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're great competitions for anyone who has an appropriate entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Rosemary. I'm hoping at least one of my blog friends is able to have a go.

      Delete
  3. If only my novel was complete on paper, instead of just in my head! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it written, Hayley and I'll find you another competition later on.

      Delete
  4. Nice prizes for some lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of the Luke one, not sure if the novel cake will be cooked by then. If it is, I'll have a go, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!