Monday, 25 May 2015

Get going

Thanks to Carol Bevitt for sharing the news about this travel writing competition. The top prize is a holiday to Iceland for two. I want to go to Iceland*. There's also a trip to Italy for the best unpublished writer and a young writer category. If you don't qualify for that, then you might be interested in a sepaate competition for people over 60

You might want to have a look at Helen Yendall's blog too)

*but then I want to go nearly everythere I haven't visited yet and to go back to many of the places I have.

The picture is of somewhere in Italy - d'you know where?

In case you missed it, here's a sort of travel writing thing I wrote.

14 comments:

  1. Fortunately, I don't qualify for the one over sixty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool thing about this side of the pond...sooooo many things to see and visit...and never need a passport. (I'm not boasting...just don't have any interest in seeing Italy or Iceland until I've visited every corner of my own country ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I'll ever see everything in the UK that's worth visiting, but I can't resist going to other places too. Ah well, guess we just keep doing the best we can and enjoying whever it is we get to.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting this info, Patsy. As to the place in your photo, could it be Herculaneum, with Vesuvius in the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Herculaneum, Christine! You earn yourself a bucketful of points (a small bucket, but really full)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for these, Patsy, though I'm not sure I'll enter any. Loved your article and your trademark sense of humour! A very practical solution to your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosemary. (We've sold that van nowand are waiting, very impatiently, for a new one)

      Delete
  5. I forgot about that one, Patsy, thanks for the reminder. :)

    Is that Mount Etna?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I'm finally too young for something :-) Thanks for the links, Patsy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth posting it just for that, Teresa.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!