Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Love and Loss

The theme of this poetry competition is love and loss. There is a prize on offer, though I'm not sure what it is.

The best poems will be included in an anthology which will be sold with the aim of raising funds for the Peace Hospice and as an HRH is a judge, there should be some publicity for the winner. Entrants are invited to make a donation of £2, but as that seems reasonable under the circumstances and is voluntary, I'm still considering this a freebie.

In a way these flowers symbolise love and loss for me - though probably not in the way the competition organisers have in mind.

8 comments:

  1. I will definitely enter this. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patsy - I like this comp and have at least one poem that might be suitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too, Rosemary. I hope to see names I recognise on the shortlist.

      Delete
  3. That will be a heartfelt anthology, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great opportunity, Patsy, and a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Carol. If i was a poet I'd have a go myself.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!