Thursday, 20 August 2015

And the winner is ...

Thank you so much to everyone who entered my competition to win some Rhodia notebooks. I enjoyed reading them and seeing the wide range of styles and the original takes on the theme. Well done!

Picking a winner was a really tough decision! Actually so tough, I had to ask Brian, the nice man from Rhodia, to help me. He said, "Those were awsome to read." He picked his personal favourites, adding, "They were all really well written though."

So there are actually three winners. Here they are (in order of entry)

She’d scrawled in the notebook, 'If you're reading this I’m dead and the monster is loose in the house. I can only offer you what I have learned. It can disappear from sight but try as it might it cannot hold its own breath.'

The pages of the notebook fluttered. 

*By Jo Styles (Rona J Frith)*


The notebook was placed in front of me. I turned over the page; a clean sheet, a new leaf. She told me to write down everything I could remember.

My pen hovered; I hesitated. Tomorrow I would try again.

*by Maggie Storer*



Curiously, I approach the notebook laying open on the park bench.
The exposed pages burble scrawls, sketches, quotes, potential…a myriad of styles.
A large inked arrow points towards a space at the bottom.  
I read, ‘Inspire me.’
Can I? I deliberate; then pen rumours briskly over soft paper.
*by Lexi Walker*

Congratulations!

Could the winners please email me - patsycollins53 (at) yahoo.com - the UK address to which you'd like your notebooks sent. The nice man at Rhodia has asked me to give him your emails too, so they can confirm you get your prizes. If you'd rather I didn't do that then just let me know.

17 comments:

  1. Well done to all the winners - it must have been a difficult decision, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely competition. Congratulations to everyone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great competition, Patsy, and congratulations to the winners.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patsy - lucky winners .. congratulations to them and the Rhodia people are good marketeers ... and nice with it ... fun idea. I love the pink ones!

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem nice at Rhodia, Hilary - and I certainly approve of this particular marketing move!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations winners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners.

    All three make me want to know the rest of the story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do feel like there's more to know, Carol.

      Delete
  7. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to congratulate the winners. I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!