Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Monologue

A monolgue is is either a long speech by one person, a dramatic work for one performer or a scene within a longer piece where just one person speaks. I'm not sure if that means anyone who talks to themselves is a monologist whose monological habits cause them to monogolize from time to time, but I expect it's something like that.

I tried chatting to this chap, but that turned into a monologue.

Anyway, moving swiftly on ... If you've written a monologue, or fancy giving it a go, you might like to enter it in this competition.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Patsy. Looks like you've got your head up that chap's armpit. Can you tell us where it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried writing one! Not sure how successful it was, I'll check out the link, thanks, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My writer buddies, when we'd go play hoops, we'd call playing Juan y Juan, monologue. You know, mono y mono.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's your big wooden friend, Patsy? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's known as 'The Guard' and was created by John Merrill, Frances.

      Delete
  5. I think I'd rather be called a monologist than 'that batty woman who's always talking to herself'.
    Thanks for the link, Patsy. I've got a story written in first person that I might be able to adapt for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!