Friday, 25 September 2015

Mysterious

This competition is for a first crime novel and has a $10,000 advance as the prize. It's a mystery how I've managed it, but I've given you lots of notice for this one. You have until mid December to get your story polished and submitted.

This is St Catherine's oratory in the Isle of Wight. It was built as penance for a crime.

Yep, it does seem almost criminal the way I sneak my holiday pictures into almost every post, but there's nothing you can do to stop me. Mwa ha ha ha ha!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic picture, Patsy. Thanks for the heads up on the novel competition. I'm humming and ahhring (however you spell it) whether to keep on hammering on agents doors or submit to a competition. Advice welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure of the spelling, but I know what you mean.

      Winning a big competition like this one would, I think, be at least as good as getting an agent or publisher. They'll be loads of interest and publicity in the book and they'll want to make sure sales cover the prize money.

      With smaller competitions it's less clear cut. Check what rights you're giving up and what you're committed to extra carefully.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful photo, Patsy! Keep sneaking them in :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa. I'll blame you for the next 100 or so then!

      Delete
  3. ahhh...you made me curious

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Catherine%27s_Oratory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting history for such a little thing, isn't it, Mac?

      Delete
  4. That's a hefty prize.
    Cool shot. You can post all the photos you want, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!