Tuesday, 15 September 2015

So you think you can write?

No, I'm not being sarcastic (I quite often am, but not when it comes to my friends' writing). So you think you can write is the title of a romance writing competition. There's not long left to get your entry in, but if you do have something suitable it's probably worth a try as the top prize is a two book contract with Harlequin.

My grandma used to grow a rose called Harlequin. There isn't one of that variety in the photo, but it's a romantic image, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wine is a marvellous, though temporary, teacher of dance moves, Alex.

      Delete
  2. Hi Patsy - great answer from Alex! Lovely walled garden and Harlequin roses are gorgeous - mind you I'm rather fond of roses ... cheers and good luck to all story writers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roses are the one plant I enjoy more in other gardens than my own, Hilary. I do love the scent from a huge swathe of them.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!