Thursday, 5 November 2015

Firestarter!

Today* is the launch date of my latest novel - Firestarter. It's a romantic comedy with a hot fireman and a few flames. (just pretend you don't know me when reading chapter 15, OK?)

*Good choice of date, eh?

To join in this launch party, just bring along something, or someone, hot!

Firestarter

Alice has a fantasy. It starts with being rescued by a hunky fireman, involves the kiss of life and ends in him not needing his uniform. At the New Forest Show, Alice is offered an innocent version of her dream. Reluctantly she turns down fireman Hamish's invitation.

Despite Alice's blameless behaviour, boyfriend Tony's obsessive jealousy kicks in. Hamish wants to take Tony's place, but a hoaxer ensures Alice already sees far too much of Hampshire Fire Service. The threat of an explosive sprout surprise, her mum's baking, sister Kate's mind boggling pep talks and the peculiar behaviour of Alice's boss Miles provide distractions.

Is Alice really in danger? What is Kate up to? Can Hamish possibly be as perfect as he seems? It takes Alice masses of wonderful food, disgusting wine, smelly mud, red footed crows and steamy Welsh passion, but she finds the answers. And rethinks her fantasy.


Thanks to all the people who've helped with promotion. You can find links to all the interviews and guest posts about the book, my writing process, locations, characters and wildlife here.


20 comments:

  1. HAPPY LAUNCH DAY!!! Many congratulations Patsy - you must be so excited. I do hope you will be celebrating. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicola. Yes, I think some kind of celebration is in order.

      Delete
  2. Hi Patsy - well done ... chapter 15 sounds an interesting bookmark! Good luck with the new book - your others I've enjoyed ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Patsy. Yes - great launch date for this one, you clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy launch day, Patsy! I think everyone will be skipping to chapter 15 now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, I'm a little late to the launch party Patsy, hope it's all gone well, and you've raised a glass or two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a glass of wine (one mentioned in the book - but not made by Alice's dad!) and I may have topped it up ...

      Delete
  6. Good luck with Firestarter Patsy. You must be very excited, and proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie. I am quite proud of the book, yes.

      Delete
  7. Love the cover - very eye-catching. I'm sure it will soon be blazing up the bestseller lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. My clever husband designed the cover.

      Delete
  8. Rather late I know but Happy Launch Day and I have been spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!