Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Insecure Writer's Support Group

The first Wednesday of the month is when many writers share their insecurities and/or offer support. Do join us.

I have a very good reason for feeling insecure as tomorrow is the launch date of my latest novel, Firestarter. I'm sure I can't be the only author who feels a little nervous about how her book will be received.

Underneath the nerves there's a touch of optimism. I loved writing this book. If it's half as much fun to read as it was, people are going to enjoy it. I've also had extremely generous support from bloggers and writers when it came to publicity. Thank you! You can find details of the interviews and guest posts here.

If you can, please come back tomorrow for the launch.

24 comments:

  1. Good luck Patsy ... I'll be away for the day .. so I'll be around anon ... Love the cover design for Firestarter .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary.

      You might be able to guess who is responsible for the cover.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you lots of success, Patsy. Don't be nervous. It'll be fine and I am sure Firestarter will be well received. You are a brilliant writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your new novel. I find the best way to deal with release week fears is to start on the next project! Always go forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean.

      Great advice! Not sure I'll be able to concentrate on it today, but I am working on a new book.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure readers will love it! Hope sales rocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that it's not a damp squib? Me too!

      Thanks, Lindsay.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your launch tomorrow! I'm waiting for my first re-write from my editor, so I have no idea if she feels this one is a "go" or not. Jitters...but good ones. I like your term "nerves with a touch of optimism."
    Good luck! I'll try to stop by tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry.

      I hope you get good news from your editor and don't have too long a wait for it.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, congratulations, Patsy. It's so exciting. Wishing you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nerve-wracking when a new story comes out. I think it will be well received. Congratulations!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nerves are wracked, Chrys. I've heard from people who've downloaded it though and it's a relief to know that's working OK.

      Delete
  8. Congrats, Patsy!!! May your launch go smoothly and successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Congratulations on your book launch!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!