Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Tumbledown

Tumbledown means falling, or fallen, into dilapidation. To me it sounds nicer than neglected, devastated, destroyed or ruined.

Oh and coincidentally*, my lovely romantic novel Escape to the Country has tumbled down in price to just 99p/99c until 21st December.

The castle is Tarbert in Scotland. There are a lot of Scots towns and villages with the name Tarbert or Tarbet. That word means a narrow strip of land. It's quite often where two lochs meet.

There you go - two words for the price of one! You can't say I'm not good to you. Well, you could I suppose but I can't hear you from here.

*You didn't really think I planned this stuff, did you?

14 comments:

  1. I must visit Scotland again. Lovely picture and super words, Patsy. Wishing you a lovely Christmas and continued success in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to visit Scotland again as well! Beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm triple up on my vocabulary today...just read up on 'riffle'

    The wind riffled the pages of my book

    Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the way you used tumbledown there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tumbledown appears rather frequently in westerns, as does tumbleweed. Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how it could be appropriate, Oscar.

      Delete
  6. Tumbledown sounds so much gentler, I agree. That's what my daughter and her husband have bought to do up in Ireland - a not-quite-tumbledown cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patsy - language is so interesting ... and a tumble down could be an excellent idea ... either left as is, or turned into a humble dwelling for today ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always fancied building a sug home inside a ruined castle, Hilary. Might have to settle for a character doing it.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!