Thursday, 28 January 2016

Six plates of sardine soup

 
Helen Yendell is running another of her fun short story competitions. She's provided word prompts; key, planet, soup, sardine, six. And there are prizes of £25 and £10 Amazon vouchers.

I always try these. Usually my efforts end up way over the required word count, but that's OK as it means I've 'won' a story idea, even if I don't actually enter.

I know what you're thinking - the moon isn't a planet. You're right, but it's where the soup dragon lives and he could be the key to winning this.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about Planet Six and its screwy gravity. I always manage to drop my key in my sardine soup.
    Hey, I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Think of it as chowder, Mac - does that help?

      Delete
  3. Not keen on sardines myself, Patsy. :)

    Is there a link to Helen's competition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like them occasionally, Carol. Once a year or so.

      Delete
    2. And yes there is a link - there wasn't but now there is.

      Delete
  4. Hi Patsy - I quite like sardines occasionally ... fresh ones all the time - and a good pot of fish soup with sardines in .. and some delicious herby buttery bread - I would be very happy! Ah ha the soup dragon - he was out this week .. but now he's got his blanket over him.

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel quite hungry now, Hilary. It's the thought of that bread - slightly warm so the butter melts.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reminder, I like these word games.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!