Sunday, 10 January 2016

Take it slow

If you like to travel then you might be interested in this non fiction competition. There's a $500 prize on offer for the best, "article that describes how traveling in a slower manner and attempting to adapt to the space and time of locals, their culture, and land has deepened your experience of both the people and the destination."

You will need to write it quickly though!

I may, just possibly, have mentioned that I like to travel. Our last trip was to Ireland, where we took things very slowly - and I took this picture.

14 comments:

  1. Sadly I've never had a chance to travel like that. Unless you count my first five years of life living in Japan. I don't remember much though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you weren't really old enough to remember much, Alex.

      Delete
  2. Slowly? Slowly?

    Maybe I drink too much coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink tea so maybe that's the difference.

      Delete
  3. Hi Patsy - Ireland is slow that's for sure .. well it was years ago! It is a stunning country though ... and I'm glad it didn't rain all the time - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely country, Hilary and one in which it's possible to take things slowly although that doesn't seem to be compulsory.

      Delete
  4. I'll have to keep a note of this one for future reference, Patsy. As it is, I've come to it too late to meet the deadline.
    p.s. Ireland is a wonderful country in which to slow down. We were inspired to slow down so much, we bought a house and moved here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the short notice, Susan - I only just found this a few minutes before posting.

      Good choice of place to live.

      Delete
  5. No time for this comp. Slow traveling takes a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, Oscar - but it's time spent rather than wasted.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love Ireland. I'd love to return one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Lynda! chances are that I'll be lucky enough to do that.

      Delete
  7. Such a green and pleasant land. Will look into this one. Thanks for sharing Patsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!