Saturday, 23 January 2016

Want £1.875 per word?

If my maths are correct, £1.875 per word is the minimum rate the winner of this short story competition would get. If you wrote less than the maximum 8,000 words then it could be even more. Just divide the £15,000 top prize by your word count to get the exact figure. There are four further, smaller but still not bad, prizes.

There are pages and pages of rules and regulations, which you'll need to read carefully. They include the requirement to be a British National or UK resident and to have been previously published.

The odds of winning are exceedingly slight, but I'm going to improve my chances a little by actually sending in an entry. How about you?

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh good - a bit less competition for me ... er, I mean that's a shame, Misha.

      Delete
  2. Hi Patsy - I'm banked out .. I qualify for the residency bit .. but the previously published - joke!! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to wait until next year then, Hilary.

      Delete
  3. Not sure whether to bother trying or not - but that's a bit defeatist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unpublished :-(
    Best I pull my finger out. Go win it Patsy, I'll take you on next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a hefty prize and good luck, Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family moved to the states from England in the 1600s, guess that rules me out - good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great opportunity. Go for it Patsy! I am really pleased that it states UK national as well as UK resident! Usually I am exempt due to not being a UK resident. Pity I don't yet fulfil the other criteria. Next year!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!