Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Muckle

To explain a muckle, I first need to tell you about mickle. Mickle means large, or great amount. Eg, to  keep Patsy happy, provide a mickle of cakes. They can be small cakes as long as there are a lot of them, as many a little makes a mickle.

Got that? OK, now you may have heard that many a mickle makes a muckle. Well it's not entirely true as mickles and muckles are the same thing. So you just need one mickle to make a muckle, as long as it's a big un - which it will be as mickles are large.

Compared with a ping pong ball, The Sphere is a muckle beast. Or perhaps mickle suits him better?

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And deep gratitude I refrained from using *that* photo?

      Delete
  2. Well I never, I always thought mickle was 'ickle' to mean little. Thank for putting us straight Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess I too thought mickles were on the petite side, Maggie.

      Delete
  3. have no idea what you said...and shocked you didn't get the word muggle in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have done, Mac - bit I didn't want to make it confusing.

      Delete
  4. Whatever Patsy...I like the way 'muckle' rolls off the tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll be slipping it into a conversation then, Maria.

      Delete
  5. Ha ha - great post! Makes me want to write a story about muckles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!