Saturday, 2 April 2016

Laugh-a-Riot

Devyani Borade is a writer and cartoonist who's running a couple of competitions for humourous writing and cartoons

*Verbolatry Laugh-a-Riot Contest 2016*
Send us your funnies about writing, and win £100!
Entries are now being accepted for the Verbolatry Laugh-a-Riot Contest. Humorous essays and cartoons about writing/publishing.
Deadline 31 August 2016. Two categories, free and paid, with cash
prizes and publication. Details at http://devyaniborade.blogspot.com




Anyone can enter either competition. There's £50 prize for the free one and £100 for the one with an entry fee. If you think of anything hilarious which you can't work in to your entry, feel free to share it in the comments. Or even anything quite funny. Actually just slightly amusing or a bit daft will do.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up, Patsy. I hope you enjoyed a great birthday. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnies about writing? Hah! I've got a few tales of disastrous writing attempts - probably funny to everyone else except me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've managed some jolly typos, Susan. Wonder if they'd count?

      Delete
  3. Any humour I write is usually unintended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often intend it, Liz - but it doesn't always happen.

      Delete
  4. Awesome competitions, but I suck at writing humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was against the law to make jokes about writing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes i feels as though it's compulsory, Oscar.

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Patsy. I escaped injury last week from a flying bag of potatoes. Amusing, only in retrospect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Liz young, any humour I manage is definitely not intentional...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You clearly take your writing seriously, Carol.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!